ASP.NET Core Web API provides a robust and modern framework for creating Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)-based services. In this module, you will be introduced to the HTTP-based services. You will learn how HTTP works and become familiar with HTTP messages, HTTP methods, status codes, and headers. You will also be introduced to the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style and hypermedia.
You will learn how to create HTTP-based services by using ASP.NET Core Web API. You will also learn how to consume them from various clients. After Lesson 3, in the lab "Creating an ASP.NET Core Web APIs", you will create a web API and consume it from a client.
- HTTP Services
- Creating an ASP.NET Core Web API
- Consuming ASP.NET Core Web APIs
- Handling HTTP Requests and Responses
- Automatically Generating HTTP Requests and Responses
Lab : Creating an ASP.NET Core Web API
- Create a controller class
- Use the API from a browser
- Create a client
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Design services by using the HTTP protocol.
- Create services by using ASP.NET Core Web API.
- Use the HttpRequest/IActionResult classes to control HTTP messages.
- Consume ASP.NET Web API services.