- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas How do values drive behaviours? - Understand different behaviour types and patterns
- Handling difficult people
- Coping with difficult behaviour
- Identifying your personal responsibility
- To counsel, coach or discipline?
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blaming behaviour
- Defensive behaviour
- Passive behaviour
- Learning how to be assertive and standing your ground
- Positive self talk Giving and receiving feedback
- Learning how to say 'no'
- Disempowering to co-operation
- But vs. And
- Co-operation language
- Gathering Information
- Questioning techniques
This course is suitable for anyone who, in their day-to-day work, deals with people who may present as difficult to handle on occasions.
Suggested titles include Managers, Supervisors, Frontline Managers, Training Managers, Help Desk Supervisors, Administration Staff, Customer Service Officers or staff who have difficult colleagues and are looking for a way to manage interactions more diplomatically.
Key Business Benefits
- Minimises friction caused by miscommunication or lack of empathy
- Consequent increase in rapport and potential retention of difficult customers
- Lift in productivity through confidence in difficult interactions
Key Participants Benefit
- Helps participants understand themselves better to enhance behavioural change necessary to be an effective communicator
- Builds skills to minimise conflict and defuse tense situations
- Includes strategies to help resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people
- Provides skills to let you be yourself, stand your ground and manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
- Allows time for practice and insight
Participants will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualised action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace.
More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to:
- Diplomatically say ‘No’ and keep boundaries intact
- Use assertive communication techniques to express your wants
- Give constructive feedback
- Take control of a conversation diplomatically
- Counter intimidation tactics from Tanks, Snipers and Exploders
- Develop your confidence around potentially conflict laden situations